Digital printing assembles images ready for print, from a digital file. To clarify, these images are captured from pixels, and the digitalized image is used to control the application of ink which replicates the image to be print.
Digital print is ideal for creative projects because it is flexible, customizable and cost-effective for short runs. It is the best solution for proofing to test substrates or vary design elements. A wide variety of substrates and finishes are available with a limitless color palette.
Digital print makes variable data possible. It enables customization of marketing campaigns with personalized images, design, copy or direct mail. In fact, you can customize graphics by customer segmentation, or send a personalized message, test different headlines, colors, or font….the possibilities are endless. Additionally, it is flexible and convenient, with quick set up and turn around times.
Benefits of Digital Printing:
- Personalize and segment with variable data capability (names, QR codes, addresses, images)
- Enhanced technology meets print quality specifications
- Eco-Friendly substrates and inks
- Print on Demand programs save money and materials
- Proofing on like substrates
- Fast turn around time
- Smaller runs are more cost effective
- No printing plate is needed unlike offset printing
- Special colors can be used
- Customize printed materials
- Lower minimum quantities
Variable Data Printing (VDP)
Variable Data Printing also known as Variable Image Printing allows individual personalization of every single piece of printed material in a single print run; saving time and money. VDP allows for unique names, addresses, images, or logos to be personalized with ease and delivered to your customer with copy, coupons, and images that resonate with them.
RPI has a variety of digital printing presses with diverse features and benefits.
Learn how RPI uses G7 certification and ColorCert® to accurately reflect your brand across inks, substrates and equipment.